Skip to main content

Trying to live stream for the first time and create a blog for studying

I did a live stream yesterday with Stream Lab to see if the settings are right. There were a few hiccups here and there, and I'm still figuring out how to put an alert box for chat. It took more time than I thought it would be, and I didn't get much studying done, but I'm happy about it and I feel proud for myself.

My live stream set up is still very plain. I know how to set up the "Starting soon", and the "Ending soon" scenes, but I don't have anything else set up. I'll keep streaming my studying today, and work on the streaming set up later this week.

I have set up a few more social media accounts today. I have X, Instagram, TikTok, Twitch, Steam, SnapChat, D-card, YouTube, RedNote, Discord, and Blogger. I don't really know how to use them. I want to focus on studying, so I probably won't be posting too often.

Another thing I did was to find more servers to join. I found a few servers for finding study buddies, and streaming. One thing I don't get is why is it called "servers", and "channels". 

Here's a tentative plan for today:

  • Create a tentative study plan for the subjects I plan to review and study for each subject spend about 30 minutes
    • Mandarin
    • English
    • Japanese
    • Korean
    • Math
    • Computer science
    • Chemistry
    • Biology
    • Physics
    • Economics
    • Geology
    • Earth and space science
    • Health and medicine
    • History
Tentative study plan for tomorrow:
  • Review "Learning how to learn" for 30 minutes
  • Read "Deeper Learning" for 30 minutes
  • Read "Efficient Learning" for 30 minutes
  • Languages
    • Review English for 30 minutes
  • STEM
    • Review math for 30 minutes
    • Review Computer science for 30 minutes

Things to do for each subject:

  • Do a breathing exercise for 15 minutes
  • Take a unit test to see how much information I retained
  • Note down which questions I got wrong, and why I got it wrong
  • Continue with lectures
    • Learn why this is important to me
    • How does this affect me
    • Are there real life examples of this
    • How does this connect to the previous lessons
    • Recall information
  • Practice
  • Organize notes
  • Do a breathing exercise for 15 minutes

I'm keeping the plans for the next few days simpler to avoid getting discouraged, and unmotivated. I'll develop a study habit first, before adding more subjects to review and study.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Being respectful in streams

While I have always been told that I'm "abrasive", "insensitive", and "immature", I have been learning about non-violent communication and empathy through reading and practicing in safe spaces. Recently a series of events made me realized that I'm need to invest more time in interpersonal communication skills.       I have been thinking about a series of reactions that happened this week. Yesterday, I finally have an inkling of the fact that my behaviors in other people's streams were offensive. During Tenshii EXE's stream, I made a bad joke to eddyokhan in the chat. I didn't realize the joke was not obvious until he asked me "do you think I'm a clown" to which I apologize in chat, saying that I would stop with that joke, and DM them apologizing again and asking what I can do to make it up in an attempt to make it up.      Afterward, another streamer I have been follower for a long time was streaming, I hopped over to indi...

August 15: to do list

1st session: Play PaGamO (30 minutes) Organizing files (2-5 hours) Play PaGamO (30 minutes) 2nd session: Play PaGamO (30 minutes) Review Computer Science (1 hour) Practice Cyber Security (1-3 hours) Play PaGamO (30 minutes) 3rd session: Play PaGamO (30 minutes) Make a request for the report (1-5 hour) Doing a test run (1 hour) Pending to do: Watch Mandarin lectures (2 hours) Do shadow listening (1 hour) Install files: MMD and DaVinci (2-5 hours) Find and install an art software (1 hour) Create a character reference sheet (1 hour) Create a collaboration sheet (1 hour) Organize Anki desks, and tag the cards Create Anki flashcards for vocabulary (1-2 hours) Make Anki flashcards for grammar and vocabulary (30 minutes) Make Anki flashcards for concepts and vocabulary (30 minutes)

July 17: to do list

 Subjects to focus on today: Cyber security Trigonometry English Mandarin Today's to do list: PaGamO Write a to do list for the day Recall Finish Computer Science crash course Recall Wash dishes Recall Play PaGamO Recall Mandarin vocabulary Prepare food for tomorrow Recall Computer Science vocabulary and concepts Study Trigonometry Recall formulas Return books Recall Computer Science vocabulary and concepts Play PaGamO Recall Mandarin vocabulary Journal